King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) is an international graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea. Ranked 1st in the Middle East and 6th in the world of the Global Top Ten Young Universities (New Nature Index, 2019).
KAUST provides an excellent learning environment, attracting top international faculty and students from across the globe, all focused on finding solutions to problems in areas related to water, food, energy, and the environment. Admission to KAUST is merit based and the language of instruction is English.
• Undergraduate students attend SUSTech for years 1-3 with a chosen major consistent with the KAUST 3+2 Program.
• At the end of the first (Fall) semester of the third (3rd) year, SUSTech undergraduate students can apply to SUSTech for nomination in the same/similar degree program at KAUST to complete their undergraduate education in their chosen major.
• Upon successfully completing Year 4 in the KAUST 3+2 program and all requirements for the B.S./B.E. from SUSTech, students receive a B.S./B.E. in their chosen major from SUSTech.
• During Year 5, students accepted into the KAUST 3+2 Program attend KAUST and complete the MS Degree requirements for their chosen major.
• Upon successfully completing the requirements for the KAUST 3+2 program degree, students receive a MS degree from KAUST.
Fall semester 2021
April 12, 2021
2+3 Major at KAUST and at SUSTech
Bioscience (Chemical Science, Computer Science)
Biological Science (Biotechnology, Bioinformatics Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Material Science)
Computer Science (Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics Engineer)
1) Successfully complete three years of undergraduate education at SUSTech with a major in a corresponding undergraduate program.
2) Being selected by SUSTech as candidates for application to the KAUST 3+2 program.
3) Having achieved an academic performance of 3.5/4 or 83% on overall courses.
4) Meet KAUST English language proficiency requirement of TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELT S (International English Language Testing System).
1) Study Statement: A one page, typed Study Statement uploaded to your application.
2) Passport: Upload a clear copy of the information page of your passport.
3) TOEFL (if applicable): Exchange/Visiting students must have a minimum of 80 IBT or 6.5 IELTS. Upload a clear image of your unexpired proficiency score.
4) Home University Transcripts: Upload a clear image of your home university transcripts.
6）Statement of Purpose
7) Three recommend letters (Notice: needed to be given to KAUST directly by recommenders)
8) GRE (not necessary but recommended)