The Council of the Hong Kong Laureate Forum (the HKLF), supported by the HKSAR Government and launched in May 2019, is set up to organize the Hong Kong Laureate Forum (the Forum). The Forum will invite the participation of recipients of Hong Kong home-grown Shaw Prize as well as globally distinguished scientists to spend a week interacting with 200 young scientists from around the world for idea exchange and inspiration in three disciplines, namely Astronomy, Life Science and Medicine, and Mathematical Sciences.
As a collaborating university, SUSTech is invited to nominate science enthusiastic and talented individuals to join the inaugural Forum.
Note: Potential participants with strong interest but not nominated by SUSTech could launch an individual application via the portal, which would be considered as well by the HKLF Secretariat.
Hong Kong Laureate Forum Information
|Date||15-20 November 2021|
|Host||The Council of the Hong Kong Laureate Forum|
|Venues||Hong Kong Science Park and other Hong Kong’s signature locations|
|Eligibility Criteria||1. Undergraduates/Postgraduates (Master / PhD), enroll in as at 15 November 2021; PhD Graduates, awarded PhD after 15 November 2016
2. Age 35 or below
3. Academic / research disciplines in Astronomy / Life Science and Medicine / Mathematical Sciences / Other closely related subjects
|Timeline||1. Nomination deadline: 5 Oct 2020.
2. Enrollment: Oct 2020, SUSTech’s nominees will receive a notification email with the Forum’s online enrollment link
3. Submission: Oct – Nov 2020
4. Review: Q1 2021, completed submissions will be reviewed and processed by a two-tier Scientific Review Panel
5. Final result: April 2021, final result will be announced by the HKLF Secretariat
|Application Materials||1. Application Form for 2021 HKLF(click to download)
2. Official transcript(if applicable)
3. Official proof of English language level
4. Provide proof of recommendation, i.e. official letters or documents issued at university / institutional / faculty / school / departmental level
|Nomination Deadline||5 Oct 2020|
|Nomination Procedure||Prepare and send application materials before deadline to:
|Review Unit||HKLF Secretariat|
|Financial Support(from HKLF)||For Hong Kong Permanent Residents studying / working overseas / in Mainland:
l Round trip transportation cost
For Non-Hong Kong Permanent Residents studying / working overseas / in Mainland:
l Six nights’ hotel accommodation on 14-19 November 2021(The HKLF may consider to offer partial or full sponsorship on transportation to successful applicants with financial difficulty.)
For all participants, including participants residing in Hong Kong, the cost of below items will
be fully covered by the HKLF Secretariat from 15 November 2021 to the morning on 20
l Meals/snacks (breakfasts#, lunches, dinners, light refreshments) arranged by the HKLF. Participants will need to arrange one dinner by themselves.
l Transportation (between designated hotel and the Forum venues; during tours and visits arranged by the HKLF)
l Tours, Visits and Cultural Experience arranged by the HKLF
|More information and inquiries, please refer to: https://hklaureateforum.org/en/|