The HK Polytechnic University（PolyU）was first established in 1937 as the Government Trade School and assumed full university status in 1994. The student population at PolyU is the largest among all publicly funded university in Hong Kong. English is the language of instruction (except language specific programmes) and courses.
For the subject list and related information, please refer to https://www.polyu.edu.hk/geo/exchange-and-study-abroad/incoming-students/incoming-exchange/.
Please read the Infosheet (click to download) for relevant details regarding Visa Application Procedure, Important Dates, Accommodation, Insurance and etc.
Applicants have to complete procedures required by SUSTech and PolyU respectively.
|Exchange Period||Semester 2 (Jan – May 2021)|
|Nomination Deadline||15 Sep for School of Design
26 Sep for all other disciplines
|Application Deadline||15 Oct 2020|
|Host University||The HK Polytechnic University|
|Grade||2 or above|
|Program Fees||1. Tuition. Exchange students will pay normal tuition fees to SUSTech and be enrolled at the host institution without having to pay tuition fees.
2. Living cost. Exchange students are however responsible for the costs of living, travelling, accommodation, insurance and other incidental expenses such as the costs for applying student visas as required by the local laws. Please note that A Medical Insurance Premium is mandatory.
3. Administrative fee of HK$550. Such fee covers visa application, courier of visa and courier of transcript etc.
|Requirements||1. SUSTech full-time undergraduates
2. Proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 internet based.
3. At least 2.7/4.0 (Student is evaluated on case-by-case basis, respective Department has the right to reject application)
|Application Procedures||Step 1. Nomination:
Fill in and send the Application Form for PolyU Exchange Programme (click to download) and prepare Required Portfolio for School of Design (click to download if applicable) to:
Step 2. Application:
Applicants should launch and submit your online application through a token sent by the host institution for accessing the portal. Students are required to upload the following documents to the application portal:
l Official transcript with grading scale
l Passport copy
l Visa application form
l Financial proof
l Passport photo
l Letter of Intent (for students applying for the Advertising scheme at School of Design only)
|Approval Unit||The HK Polytechnic University|
|Important References||1. The HK Polytechnic University website https://www.polyu.edu.hk/
2. Incoming Student Exchange Programme, please visit